Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 3 1/2cups
Spicy, spicy pecans.
- 3 1/2 cups shelled, raw pecans (halved)
- 4 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Combine spices, salt and sugar in small bowl; set aside 1 teaspoon mixture
- Melt butter in small pan over very low heat. Skim foam from top.
- Add spices to butter, whisk. Add corn syrup.
- Add pecans to pan, stir
- Spread pecans on a cookie sheet and place in oven for 45 minutes. Pecans will darken. Remove from sheet and sprinkle remaining teaspoon of spices over top.
- Store in airtight container. Keeps for up to 2 weeks.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.