Description[edit | edit source]
Scalloped w:c:recipes:potatoes are sure to be a hit with any crowd. This recipe may be doubled for a 5 to 6-quart crockpot.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 7 to 9 medium potatoes, thinly sliced, about 2 pounds or 4 to 5 cups
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces American cheese, slices or shredded
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Toss potato slices in 1 cup water and ½ teaspoon cream of tartar, then drain.
- Put half of sliced potatoes in a buttered or greased 3½ to 4-quart slow cooker.
- Top with half of onion slices, half of the flour, half of the salt and half of the pepper.
- Dot with half of the butter.
- Repeat layers; dot with remaining butter.
- Spoon soup over the top.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours, or 3 to 4 hours on high.
- Add cheese about 30 minutes before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.