Cook Time: 3 hours
Yields: 12 servings
One of the best Macaroni and Cheese recipes I have come across (If not the best). A great crockpot recipe if you are a busy or a parent, and need to throw something together. This recipe can also be made in the oven, but the Crock-Pot recipe is much better. Some people choose to omit the eggs, but from my own experience, I would add them. If you want a different type of cheese flavor, feel free to experiment with different types of cheese. I have heard Smoked Cheddar is delicious with this recipe as well, along with mozzarella, and provolone.
- 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (an 8-ounce box isn't quite 2 cups)
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 5 cups (about 20 ounces) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 32 oz Velveeta
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2(10 3/4-ounce) "Campbell's" Cheddar cheese soup (in a condensed can)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Boil the macaroni in a 2-quart saucepan in plenty of water until tender, about 7 minutes. (Add a pinch of salt to the water, to ensure the pasta does not stick together.)
- In a medium saucepan, mix butter and shredded cheese together, until it is melted together.
- In a slow cooker, combine cheese/butter mixture and sour cream, cheddar cheese soup, Velveeta, salt, milk, and pepper and stir well. Add drained macaroni and stir again,
- Set the slow cooker on the low setting and cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover, and (optional) add another 1/4 cup of sharp cheddar cheese(or your preferred choice of cheese, in the last 20 minutes of cooking. You can use any kind of cheese with this recipe, so try and experiment!