Can't go wrong fried chicken recipe. You can either buy chicken parts or cut a larger chicken.
- 1 (4 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable
- Put the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a brown paper bag. One by one, coat the chicken parts with mixture.
- In a large skillet, fry the chicken in 1 inch of hot oil until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and drain the oil.
- Put the chicken back into the pan and cover the pieces with cooking sherry. Cover the pan and reduce to simmer. Let simmer for 20 minutes. Serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.