Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6 people
Delicious shrimp cooked in butter and garlic.
For Poached Shrimp:
- 1 kilo large Shrimp
- 1 liter of 7-Up
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 1/2 bulbs of garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
- 3/4 cup Oyster Sauce
- Wash shrimps and remove the antennas (make sure not to behead the shrimp).
- Place washed shrimsp in deep sauté pan. Add 7-Up and salt.
- Bring to a boil (approx 5-7 minutes in medium heat). Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- Heat pan. Place oil, butter, and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes. Mix in oyster sauce then season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in shrimps and coat with sauce evenly. Cook for about 3 minutes before the shrimp gets wrinkled.