Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yields: Serves 4
Description[edit | edit source]
A delicious and healthy salad.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups fennel bulbs
- 2 cups persimmon, (make sure to use the tomato-shaped fuyu variety)
- 2 tbsp fennel leaves, chopped
- ⅓ cup sharp stilton or blue cheese
- ½ tsp [[w:c:recipes:sea salt|sea salt]
- ½ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tbsp high quality extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions[edit | edit source]
1. Slice your fennel and persimmon as thinly as possible. It's best to use a mandolin, but a sharp knife or a vegetable peeler work well too. Just be careful.
2. Toss your fennel and persimmon together with the chopped fennel leaves. When the fruit and fennel are all blended together, gently fold in your crumbled cheese. If Stilton is too sharp and stinky, you can use blue and if you're not into either of those feel free to substitute with something else, my default cheese is always goat.
3. Next is the vinaigrette. Add sea salt and black pepper along with orange juice and then begin to slowly whisk in the olive oil. (Please, for all of your salads make sure you use a high quality olive oil with a nice peppery finish). Season the dish.