Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yields: 10-12 servings
- ¾ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sifted powdered (confectioners') sugar
- 1 tbsp rum
- ground nutmeg
1. In a large mixer bowl beat ¾ cup butter or margarine till softened.
2. Add sugar and brown sugar and beat till fluffy.
3. Add egg, vanilla, salt, and beat well.
4. Add flour and beat till well mixed.
5. Cover and chill mixture for about 1 hour or until it is easy to handle.
6. Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
7. Place dough balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Press down centers with thumb.
9. Bake cookies in a 350°F for about 12 minutes or until the cookies have completely cooked.
10. Remove cookies and allow to cool.
11. For filling, in a small mixer bowl beat ¼ cup butter or margarine till softened.
12. Add powdered sugar and beat till fluff.
13. Add rum and beat well.
14. Spoon about ½ tsp filling into center of each cookie.
15. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
16. Chill cookies until filling is firm.