Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yields: 2-4 servings
A favorite of dads everywhere - experiment with different types of beer to personalize the final product, or for a sweet twist on this dish, use rootbeer instead!
- 1 lbs navy beans
- 12 oz beer
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 each onion
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp catsup
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine beans and water in a saucepot, over a moderately-high flame.
- Bring to a boil, cover, remove from heat, and allow to stand for 60 minutes.
- Drain, rinse, and drain again.
- Transfer to a large casserole dish or dutch oven.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the beans.
- Add water - just enough to cover beans.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.